- There is no direct upgrade path to version 9 of report scheduler add-on. The earlier version needs to be uninstalled. Please note that on deletion of existing solution, the configuration settings will be lost.
- Please follow the below steps to backup and restore the old scheduled records:
- Step 1: Open Advanced Find page -This can be opened by selecting any entity record and clicking on “Advanced Find” from top navigation.
- Step 2: Select entity “RS Global Settings 2“ from drop-down.
- Click “Edit Columns” and then Add all columns. (or select View: RS Global Settings 2 – backup)
- Click “! Results” button
- Click “Export” and save the excel file (Do not select “Make this data available for re-import”)
- Open the excel file and save as file type “XML Spreadsheet 2003 (.xml)”
- Step 3: Please follow steps as above and Export “RS Global Settings 1”.
- Step 4: Please follow steps as above and Export “RS Email Template” entity (This step can be ignored if no custom email templates have been created for report scheduler add-on)
- Step 5: Please follow steps as above and Export “RS Scheduled Records”.
- Step 6: Uninstall the existing report scheduler solution file and install the newer solution.
- Step 7: Assign Work 365 RS security role to all users who need report scheduling functionality
- Step 8: Import the excel files generated in steps 2-4
- Browse to Settings > Data Management > Import
- Click “Import Data” and select the excel file (Please ignore any Unmapped field notification and continue importing the file)
- Please import files in below sequence:
RS Global Setting 2
RS Global Setting 1
RS Email Templates
RS Scheduled Records
Step 8: Reactivating the report scheduler work-flow on existing scheduled records.
Kindly browse to Settings > RS Scheduled Records: select all records and click de-activate and then click activate again. This will re-trigger the background process for all scheduled records.
Please email email@example.com for any queries.